Saturday, October 31, 2009

Nativity Wood Set


I have been thinking about doing a wood nativity set for a long time. I remember making one when I was little and I loved it. My nativity is breakable and my kids are fascinated with it. I wanted a set where they could play with it and it wouldn't break. This is the perfect set for them.

How to make: I used a 2x4 and a 2x6. (I will give you the pattern for each shape with the purchase of the vinyl if you want to cut it out yourself. We will also have kits with the wood and the vinyl for you to buy. ) I cut out the shapes and then I put the vinyl on the wood. I will also be posting a set that will be painted so you can decide if you like the natural look or the painted look. You can finish it off with a clear coat of spray paint. (vinyl shown is brown) The tallest item is the manger and it is 5 1/2 inches tall.




Price: VINYL ONLY $10.00
Wood kit (wood shapes and vinyl) $18.00
You will be able to purchase this vinyl on Monday, Nov 2 on our website. Vinylgiftsandmore.com

*** I tried using the gold vinyl as the star, but it didn't show up very well on the natural wood, so I used the brown to match the other vinyl. This kit only comes with one color star.***


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails