As a mother of 3, I love getting things with my kid's hand prints on them. I love the personal touch. When my kids go to school and church, they come home with lots of papers and projects, and most of them end up in the trash. (Don't tell! ) But for some reason I can not throw away anything with their hand print on it. It just reminds me how small they are and how fast they are growing. So that is how this project was created. This is my son's hand when he was in kindergarten last year. It sits in my kitchen next to my sink. I LOVE IT!
When I was a preschool teacher and a nursery leader at our church, I was always trying to come up with ideas to give to Mothers on Mother's day. This is the perfect gift.
-(1) 6x6 tile
-Acrylic Paint (craft paint) (any color)
-Vinyl from VINYLGIFTSANDMORE.COM
-Clear spray paint
How to make:
1. Clean your tile
2. Pour paint on a paper plate
3. Put child's hand in paint and then place the hand on the tile.
4. Let the paint dry.
5. Spray paint the tile with the clear coat to protect the hand print. I would use 2 coats.
6. Let the paint dry
7. Apply the vinyl (Instructions on how to apply vinyl is on our website)
8. Display on a tile stand.
9. See the happy smile on a mother's face!!!