Thursday, March 17, 2011

Planter Box Improvement

I was on the lookout for something I could use to put greenery in for the top of my piano.  I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere.  Our nearest craft store is 1 1/2 hours away.  With gas prices so high, and me driving a suburban I knew I wouldn't be getting out of my town anytime soon.  I went to our only craft store in town, (Walmart) and there was nothing. They didn't even have greenery.
This weekend my kids helped me weed my flower bed for 2 hours so I took them to the dollar store.  I saw a plastic planter box there that had some fun design on it.  Then the light bulb went off.  I can use this planter box as my decorative piece for my piano. 
 This fun planter cost $1.00.  It is actually very sturdy.

I went to Walmart and picked out this fun spray paint.  It bonds to plastic really well. I sprayed my planter and let it dry. 


I put a floral green sponge thing at the bottom of the box and stuck in some ivy.  This ivy was used in my wedding 10 years ago. It is a little dusty, but I thought it turned out great, and it cost less than 5.00 to make.

2 comments:

Green Eyed Girl Crafts said...

You probably already know... but you can put those right under a shower head and wash the dust away... simple and no mess!

Vinyl Masterpiece said...

Thanks for the comment! I always dusted them off, but the shower sounds better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails