Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Night Stand Make Over

I bought this night stand for 2 dollars.  It is solid wood and it had minor problems.  The door did not latch and it had some dings. There were two in the store and I only got one.  I am kicking myself now that I didn't get the other one.   I brought it home 2 weeks before I was moving. So I have had it in my house for over 6 months now.   For the last 2 months it has been our TV stand.  My husband and I made an entertainment center for our home (pictures soon to come), so we didn't need this stand anymore.  For the last 2 months I have been thinking what I wanted to do with it.  I decided I still wanted  a night stand, but I didn't like the door.  I took the door off, and wood puttied the holes.  Then I painted it white (Vermont Cream from Home Depot) I sanded the edges and put some stain on it.  I love the rustic country look.  I found these cute baskets at Walmart.  They were only 5.00 each. The total cost of everything was 12.00.  Can't beat that!

2 comments:

Green Eyed Girl Crafts said...

It turned out lovely... you did a great job!

April JoAnne said...

It would be great to see a before picture but super cute either way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails