Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Picture Edditing

I was at park day (women bring kids to the park so they can talk with other women) a month ago and my friend whips out her calender for the summer.  She said she wanted to plan fun things for the kids to do this summer.  The first thing she wanted to do was to have a picture and movie contest.  The kids will learn to take pictures and submit one for the contest.  They can also make a movie.  The kids all thought that was a great idea.  Today was the day they had to submit their photos.  I was at park day today, and I asked if anyone edited their photos with their kids.  All of them said it would be too hard to do that.  I told them about Picnik.com.  It is so easy to edit your photos with this FREE online program. 

Before

After
My 6 year old took this picture and edited it.  I did show him some fun things to do with it.  We used the "crop button" and made it to be a 4x6 photo.  If you are going to send your pictures to a photo lab you need to make sure you crop it to a normal printing size.  Because the picture was a little fuzzy (6 year olds are not steady with the camera) we cropped it down to only one flower.  Then we just played with it.  If he didn't like the look of the picture, then he would back up and try something new.
 This was taken by my 4 year old.  I was holding the background for her.  I was just hoping she was steady and getting their bodies.  Again we cropped this photo and then added a pink vignette around the edges.  She wanted to add the crowns and a butterfly.  My husband just informed me that Froofie is a boy, but today froofie is a girl. :)

After
This is our new puppy Harley Quinn.  We call her Harley.  She is a boxer, and we love her, well sometimes.  Not at 3:30 in the morning when she wakes us up to go pee.  At least she wakes us up.  My husband is teaching her tricks, and this is one of them.  She can stands up for a long time.  Good thing, because my 8 year old is not that fast with the camera. 

With this picture we turned it sepia tone. Then added some fun stickers they had on the website.

My kids were very happy how they turned out.  Not bad for a 4,6 and 8 year old.   




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails