I am so excited for the 1st day of December so I can use my cute new advent calendar. This advent calendar is made of 24 little tins. You can put little treats in the tins everyday for your kids. Way too cute. My kids are already excited. We will also have the vinyl for sale at vinylgiftsandmore.com on Monday.
List of supplies:
List of supplies:
-(1) 14 1/2 x 17 inch MDF board 1/4 inch thick: (My board started out being 2 feet by 3 feet. I went to Home Depot and had them cut my board for free. Most lumber stores will cut wood for you.)
-(24) tins: I found my tins at this link. You want the 1 15/16 size. http://www.papermart.com/Product%20Pages/Product.aspx?GroupID=14271&SubGroupID=14272&ParentGroupID=19037#14272
(I recommend that you find someone to order these tins with because shipping adds up. They also have a $3.00 fee for orders under $20.00. )
-Drill to drill holes on top
-Metal Scroll (This item is optional. My friend hung her board up with just ribbon and it looked great!)
***The most important is the VINYL. When you order the vinyl from Vinylgiftsandmore.com, you will be getting the circles with numbers for the tops of your tins, and Christmas Countdown for the top of your board.
How to make:
1. Drill your holes on top of your board. (This is for your ribbon to go through so you can hang it.
2. Paint your Board
3. After the paint is finished spray your board with a clear coat to protect your paint. I use matte finish.
3. Apply vinyl on top of your tins.
4. Lay out your tins on your board how you want them.
5.Add the Christmas Countdown vinyl to the top.
6.. Start applying your tins to your board with strong glue. (I used a glue gun because it is quick, but probably not the best to use because over time it will pop off. )
7. Hang your board with ribbon.
8. Hang it in your house so your Children or Grandchildren will enjoy! :)
***We will have these kits ready for 2010 Super Saturdays. Right now for Christmas 2009 we just have the vinyl***