Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tortillas


I know this is not a craft, but I had to share this yummy recipe. This tortilla recipe is easy to make, and my family loves it. I have used it for sandwich wraps, and last night we had them for fajitas. You will never go back to store bought tortillas again.
Tortilla Recipe
2 1/2 cups flour (wheat or white)
1/4 cup shortening (I use butter flavor)
1 tsp salt
I put these ingredients in a kitchen aid mixer on med speed until they are well blended. I let it mix for a few minutes.
Add:
3/4 cup Boiling water
Mix the flour mixture and the water together until dough forms.
1. Separate dough into golf ball size balls.
2. Spray Pam on the counter.
3. Roll out one ball at a time into a circle on the greased surface. (my tortilla are not always perfect      and that is ok.)
4. Heat skillet on high
5. Put tortilla on the hot skillet and cook both sides until lightly browned. (Do not grease the skillet)
I promise you will love them!

1 comment:

Ratliffs said...

We make ours a little differently, as we've given up shortening altogether. (We use butter or olive oil instead.) But we've been making them for years, and have honestly never looked back! YUM!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails