Friday, July 27, 2012

Christmas Countdown Chalkboard

I went to visit my grandma a few weeks ago, and in her town is a Hobby Lobby.  This is the first time I have been in their store and I fell in LOVE!!!  In my town the only craft store we have is Walmart and we all know their craft selection is not the greatest.  I felt like a kid in a candy store at Hobby Lobby.  I knew I wanted to find a chalkboard because I had this idea in my mind.  When I was young I made something similar to it and I wanted to recreate it. It was fun, easy and it is adorable and something you can make in under 30 minutes.  The vinyl can be found at vinylgiftsandmore.com
Did you know that we have 150 days until Christmas.  I found this website that tracks how many days we have left. 


Directions:
1. Put painters tape on around the borders on the chalkboard.
2. Paint the trim of the chalkboard. Let dry. (I did 3 coats. Just depends on how you like it)
3. Take the tape off.
4. Apply Vinyl to the chalkboard.
5. Decorate your chalkboard.  I used thin twine, scrap booking paper and buttons.
5. Drill holes on top to put your twin or ribbons in to hang.
6. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails